Netflix Error Code tvq-st-118
The Netflix Error Code tvq-st-118 appears when the data stored in the streaming device has to be refreshed. Usually, when a user streams Netflix on a streaming device for an extended period of time without powering it off, this condition occurs. The streaming device will no longer be able to stream content unless the information is refreshed.
ERROR CODE TVQ-ST-118 ON BLU-RAY PLAYER NETFLIX
Here are the guidelines to fix the Netflix error TVQ-ST-118 on a Blu-ray player.
- Access the site ‘netflix.com/clearcookies’ on a computer which is connected to the same Wi-Fi SSID to which the Blu-Ray player is connected. This clears the Netflix account cookies. Choose the Sign In option, enter your Netflix account information and look for Netflix site error messages. If there are any, try streaming content on Netflix after a while.
- Power off the Blu-ray player and network devices. Disconnect the power cables from the Blu-ray player and network devices. After30 seconds, reattach the power cables to the Blu-ray player and network devices. Then, attach the network cables to the network devices and Blu-ray player. Now, check whether the Netflix Error Code tvq-st-118 is cleared.
- Try to find out whether there is an issue with the router. Disconnect the modem from the router and connect the Blu-ray device directly to the modem. If the error message is cleared, it means that there is something wrong with the router.
- Contact the Internet Service Provider and check whether there is a network issue at their end. If the issue is not at the ISP’s end, contact our tech support team to get assistance with clearing the TVQ-ST-118 error code on your Blu-ray player.
Solve Netflix error code tvq-st-118 on Smart TV
This Netflix tvq-st-118 error code appears on a Smart TV to intimate you that the device must be refreshed.
- Go to the manufacturer site on the computer and troubleshoot the issue.
- Next, restart the Home network. Power off the Smart TV.
- Then, disconnect the modem from power for 30 seconds.
- Next, reconnect the modem and wait for the lights to flash.
- Now, switch on the Smart TV and then try to stream Netflix.
- Now connect the Smart TV to the modem. Switch off the smart TV.
- Connect the modem and the Smart TV using an Ethernet cable.
- Disconnect the modem for 30 seconds and then wait for the new LED lights to blink. Then,power on the Smart TV.