Netflix Sound Problems
If you can't hear any sound when streaming content from Netflix, you can follow these guidelines to fix the Netflix Sound Problems.
- Locate the speaker icon on your 'computer's status bar and right-click it.
- Choose the Playback tab and then view the options on the screen.
- Select Speakers which is listed as the Default Device. Click the Properties button on the bottom of the dialog box.
- Now, the tabs such as General, Advanced, and Levels are displayed on the top.
- Click the Advanced tab and then choose 24 bit 192000hz(Studio Quality) from the drop-down menu.
- Click the OK button to save the settings and check whether the sound issue has been resolved.
- You can try uninstalling the audio driver on your computer to force an audio driver reinstall.
- To uninstall the audio driver, go to the Start Menu and navigate to the Device Manager. (Key in Device Manager in the search box, press Enter, and select Device Manager from the search results.)
- Once Device Manager opens, you will see a list of devices on the screen such as Computer, Disk drives, Modems, etc.
- Scroll down to find the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers option. Select it.
- Choose the audio device (driver) you need to uninstall by right-clicking it. Then, choose Uninstall from the list. Click ''Delete device driver.''
- Now, launch the Add/Remove Programs feature and then uninstall the audio software (such as Realtek) from the computer and restart the PC.
- When you reboot the PC, the audio driver will be installed automatically, and you can install the audio software again. This solves the Netflix Sound Problems in some cases.